July 21, 2020
Hello FSC Players & Parents:
Thank you all for your patience as we (the Folsom Soccer Club and Folsom Lake Soccer League boards) continued to wait as long as possible to make a decision about the 2020 season due to COVID-19. Sadly, the parameters we needed, in order to open up for the season, are all still either a “no” or in-the-waiting mode.
This is what we are waiting on:
- The state has not cleared youth sports to play yet or to practice as “normal”; we continue to wait on when this will be.
- We still do not have clearance to utilize Folsom school fields, which limits us to 40% of our available field space. There is also a limit to the roster sizes allowed on each half of the field (with CalNorth return-to-play guidelines). Most teams would need to be slated an entire field to abide by CalNorth guidelines once return-to-play opens up, so our field space options then become limited even more.
These are two large pieces to the puzzle in order for the idea of a season to be possible.
SO…will the 2020 fall season still happen? No; not the season like we would normally have. However, we have some additional ideas below of ways for you to stay involved as we know you all want to get out onto the field.
What will happen with my registration? We will cancel your registration (registrations from April thru July 21, 2020), and those individuals who paid upon registering (early April) will be refunded “in full” in the next couple of weeks.
What options are available?
- We are hoping by mid-September we can get onto the fields. We are still working on what this will look like, i.e. most players to play 4v4 or 5v5. It would be a shortened season (6-8 weeks) of some training sessions and in-house play-days (games). We continue to wait on state and local guidelines in order to know fully on when/how.
If you are interested in this option (and waiting it out for the chance to play), please sign up here, and we will continue to be in touch with full registration, prices, and a bigger picture on what that will look like in the coming weeks. Please also sign up if you are interested in coaching too.
- While full youth sports operations are still not allowed, there is a provision (through the current Sac County and State guidelines) for day-camps to take place. We are looking to create PE day-camps (filled with soccer and fitness activities); players would remain distant from other players (no sharing of equipment), while working on fun movement with and without a soccer ball. Registration and more info on these day camps will be available no later than July 27th.
- The HUB – the Folsom Lake Surf indoor facility in El Dorado Hills is also holding camp-like classes. E-mail Nate at email@example.com for more information.
We were hoping for the best, that COVID-19 would decrease and that a normal season would take place. Although the “normal” might not return, we still hope to be able to see your player out on the field in some capacity this fall.
More to come…
FLSL Recreation Director/FSC Technical Director
FSC Club Manager
Jo Studley Jose Rodriguez
FLSL Recreation Director/FSC Technical Director FSC Club Manager